Want to Drive

G

For the past few months I have applied for straight truck driver jobs posted on expediter Web sites, only to get a call from truck driving schools and recruters saying they need tractor-trailer drivers and/or teams. I already have a CDL with airbrakes and hazmat endorsements. No convictions, good health, a solid work ethic, and I'll pass any drug test out there. I want to drive a straight truck, solo. I live in the Chicago, Madison, and Milwaukee area, but I am willing to go wherever I can get a truck and OTR experience. Perhaps my Masters Degree makes me over qualified? Anyone out there interested or have suggestions? Send me an email:7

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
DarkCloud;

Nice - I like the Masters degree. I've hired a few drivers with Masters and even a Phd once to drive trucks. Don't think you're over qualified to drive truck, as I'm sure the degree has nothing to do with trucking.

I would recommend that you continue to apply to companies you are interested in working for. If I had a fleet owner truck available, and could keep you going out of the Chicago/Wisconsin area, I would surely prefer to view an application such as yours.

I wish you luck with your endeavors - keep at it.

By the way, the drivers with the Masters and the Phd were some of the best drivers I have ever hired. They really seem to be content driving the truck though they could have easily made a ton more money in the profession associated with their degrees. It's all about what makes YOU happy.

Best regards,
HotFr8Recruiter