VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT YOU MIGHT FIND INT

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
{B}
HERE IS SOME VERY INPORTANT AND INTERESTING INFORMATION CONCERING MANY TAX PREPARERS THAT WORK FOR THE MAJOR CHAINS, THIS ARTICLE WAS WRITTEN BY THE MEMBERS OF THE GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITY OFFICE WHO POSED AS TAXPAYERS. READ ON

MY PROFESSIONAL TAX AND ACCOUNTING ASSOCIATIONS POSTED THIS IN REFERENCE TO THE WAY THE TAXES ARE PREPARED BY THE MAJOR CHAINS.

READ ON

CONGRESS URGED TO REGULATE PAID TAX RETURN PREPARER INDUSTRY

On April 4, 2006, speakers at a Senate Finance Committee hearing called on Congress to regulate the paid tax return preparation industry in an attempt to improve the tax advice it offers while working to prevent unscrupulous behavior. The accuracy of paid preparers’ work was highlighted by a General Accountability Office (GAO) report, which indicated paid tax preparers completed virtually no returns correctly for GAO investigators posing as taxpayers. GAO told the Finance Committee that it found serious problems in the work of paid return preparers at major chains. “Taxpayers relying on paid preparers to provide them with accurate, complete, and fully compliant tax returns may not get what they pay for,†said Michael Brostek, GAO director of strategic issues. In visits to 19 outlets of major tax preparation chains, nearly all of the returns prepared were incorrect to some degree. Many of the problems identified put preparers, taxpayers, or both at risk of IRS enforcement actions.

The Chairman of the Finance Committee, Senator Grassley (R-IA), said the GAO report would create new momentum to consider the Taxpayer Protection and Assistance Act of 2005 (S. 832), which is currently pending in the Senate. That bill would give the IRS Office of Professional Responsibility authority to regulate all paid income tax preparers, require advisers who prepare federal income tax returns to undergo examination and maintain continuing education requirements, and impose non-monetary sanctions such as termination or suspension for failure to comply.
INTERESTING ISN'T IT.

At the present time am not a Licensed Tax Preparer, CPA, OR ENROLLED AGENT. BUT, have been trained by many IRS agents in the past who I have known and have been preparing tax returns since 1975. Through I am recognized as a (A.T.P.)ACCREDITED TAX PREPARER AND TAX PROFESSIONAL through the following Professional Tax and Accounting Organizations. (A.C.A.T) ACCREDITION COUNCIL OF ACCOUNTANCY AND TAXATION, IN ALEXANDRIA,VA., (NATP) NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF TAX PROFESSIONALS, APPLETON, WI, (NSA) NATIONAL SOCIETY OF ACCOUNTANTS, ALEXANDRIA, VA.and the (AIPB) AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF PROFESSIONAL BOOKKEEPERS, ROCKVILLE, MD.
IT IS REQUIRED BY THESE ASSOCIATIONS THAT I COMPLETE BETWEEN APPROXIMATELY 35 TO 60 CPE CREDITS PER YEAR FOR MY CONTINUING EDUCATION AND IRS TAX UPDATES SO THAT I CAN ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS TRUTHFULLY AND COMPLETE YOUR RETURNS BASED ON THE INFORMATION THAT YOU THE TAXPAYER SUPPLY TO ME. iF i DO NOT KNOW THE ANSWER I WILL INVESTIGATE IT TO FIND THE CORRECT ONE.

FRANKLIN KATZ, A.T.P.
FRANK'S TAX AND BUSINESS SERVICE
226 S CHEROKEE ST
KINGS MOUNTAIN, NC 28086
704-739-4039