Truck Insurance

binkleylane

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
It must be getting rough out there. Today the company I am leased too anounced that all contractors "must" obtain my unladen liability insurance from them beginning next week via settlement deduction.
We all know that the " company " can not require us to buy anything thru them. We also know that they know this. So my question is, whats going on here? The company says " all contractors will comply". Think OOIDA might be intrested in this " company requirement"? When I ask the company what about my contract with them, they said, " Oh yeah, guess we will have to change it."
By the way, this is not a small company, well over a hundred trucks.

Bearcat

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I would contact OOIDA. That is against the law. I would also contact the state attorney general of the state of operation and see what they say too. See if they threaten your job if you do not comply. Try to get it in writing. Good luck.
Randy:)

PS Who is the company?

binkleylane

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have notified OOIDA. Notifing the state A.G. is a great idea. I suppose I will probably loose my lease but at this point it dosen't matter much. The company is "Nations Express" out of Charlotte, NC.
Now I know I'll loose my lease. If all the owners fight this we may have a chance but I think that it will require a substantial " team effort".
Thanks for your responce Randy.