Tri-State Expedited Service, Inc.

G

Greetings and Salutations,
I'm a wannabe B van o/o looking at Tri-State because a friend of mine is leased to them and is quite happy. What can you tell me about 'em?

G

As you read this remember these are MY thoughts only. We have some x-TriState drivers at Landstar, from what I gather if you feel you need someone to tell you what and how to do your job then TriState is for you. If you can make your own decisions (good or bad, and live by them;) then Landstar is for you. Hope this helps, Marci

cj

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
LEA is a great company, however, if you are a wannabe you must be inexperienced and it is my understanding that you must have 6 months experience to sign on with them. Good luck in whatever you choose. :)

G

They are like any other carrier - good and bad. My biggest question for new people is where do you live? Because if you live in Phoenix, AZ and want to be home every weekend and your leased to Tri-state your gonna STARVE. but if you live in the midwest you'll do ok. I think after awhile they all are the same.

THE X

G

I am a company driver for an o/o who has been on with Tri State for a few years, and has had pretty good success with them. As a whole, they treat my husband and I quite fairly, and a complete opposite of what the other post said concerning making our own decisions. Please don't misinterpret that statement that they wouldn't do that to someone, everyones experiences are different, but as The X said, when it all comes down to the bottom line most of these companies are of the same cloth, it just makes a difference as to your own preferences (hometime, refusal policies, location, type of loads, etc) Good Luck with the company you choose.