Thompson Emergency

mav913

Expert Expediter
Hello All, I found this site awhile back and thinks it's is GREAT! I am recently laid off from a production machine shop here in Michigan and was NOT working as a Driver on a reg. basis. I stopped driving professionally about 5 years ago, OTR Semi's and took a job as a machinist. As work slowed down at our shop I started doing some expedited runs for them down to Ohio and around lower Mich using the company FL70. I still have my CDL "A" with air and hazmat and am thinking of getting on with Thompson Emergency. I ve read alot of the post's on here but have not seen alot regarding this company. I realize what I am about to embark upon and fully know the sacrifices that I and my family are about to make but as far as paying the bills I HAVE to keep a roof over thier heads above all and there isn't a whole lot of anything moving here except freight. If anyone has any info regarding Thompson PLEASE post it so a "semi" rational decision can be made hopefully using some of my peers as a tool of guidance.

Thanks for your time with this,
Sincerly John Bender Jr.
aka Mav913

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I started out expedite driving for a fleet owner with trucks leased to Thompson in 1999, back when they were a huge contract GM carrier. That isn't the case anymore with them. They are now getting most of their loads off the internet like all the others. OK place to work at, other than I felt they favored their Canadian drivers over the US ones being a Canadian company. Because of that when I bought my own truck I decided against leasing with them. Living in MI your choices are just about endless as to who to lease with. Check them all out before deciding. -Weave-

paperback1

Expert Expediter
Thompson is ok, if you like to sit. I would call TST, or TRI-STATE. You might want to try Rocket Express, they are out of Elk GroveVillage, IL. But, you are in a great location, do some checking around.:D