Canada thompson emergency freight systems what happened

john32

Seasoned Expediter
i have been out expediting for 8 and a half years, have been in long haul trucking business was thinking going back thompson emergency, they were good company work for, good benefits, union good gm contract lots work, I read a blog on here that they have no union and no, gm contract, so how are the canadian expeditors doing, that were with thompson. and are they worth going to still, who has the gm contract, hope all my freinds thompson doing ok john

bryan

Veteran Expediter
RE: thompson emergency freight systems what happen

HI
Not a CND but was with TEFS for 8yrs 6 mo.3068 30168 and 30160 were my truck #'s.My ego wants to say that since I quit it all went down hill ,but then I come back to reality.NLM took GM contract and then wanted us to take a 10 to 15% rate cut.That hurt.Also took away the contract bonus.So no more Febuary bonus checks or vacation pay.

They forced out the union by moving to Rush Trucking old yard.I was just up to Billy's Place this week and talked to some of the van drivers.They are slow just like everybody in CND is.Even saw an ADCO tractor sitting at Billy's for 24 hrs.NAFTA hurt Thompson and TST now anybody can cross the border and they don't need double addresses.Thompson didn't want to cut the rate and everyone else did.

They have hired in some new dispatchers and seem to be looking at semi's more than vans and 5 tons.So maybe they are planning a come back (sure hope so)its strainge driving down the 401 and not seeing their trucks.I didn't realize just how good I had it when I was there.

good luck and keep it sunny side up.Flash