Thinking about OTR again, some advice pls

Frosty

Expert Expediter
We are a h/w team from S PA, close to I81 / I70 split, knocking around the idea of going back to expediting, we have 10+ years in trucking. We ran for TS during the Y2K ordeal, so we made pretty decent $, and had very few days sitting. We worked for an owner, so the costs involved were minimal. Our previous owner hung it up and sold the trucks, so we have no contacts in the industry anymore. I know all opinions differ due to individual situations, but looking for a feel of where expediting is right now, and to see if anyone has an idea of what type of hometime our area has available. We were in Ft Wayne, IN when we ran for TS, so we were in a great area to get by the house to at least pu the mail, not sure about where we are now.

Also any help with info on the Fed Ex White Glove division would help, we have talked with a local owner who has a truck available, wanted to get some opinions on the Fed Ex system.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
frosty, i have only been doing this since mid july '02so i dont know how much help i can be.we are a h/w team running a D unit with FECC and i can tell you that since we started that PA is a very good state to be located in.i would have to say that the allentown express center is our #1 place to be sent to and dispatched out of. i hope that this helps you, good luck. DD P.S. we live in ohio but like i say we are always in PA.