The hardest Battle is yet to come.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Day 41 No vaping or nicotine...

Since I lost my 1st post somehow, this is the condensed version ;)

Long gone is the bizarre habitual reaching for something that isn't there.

Something pretty amazing has change over the last 2 weeks.

I began to forget about vaping, unless I made a conscious effort to remember.
This was a complete reversal from my brain being flooded with thoughts and images of vaping all the time, that I seemingly couldn't control.

The assimilation process seems to be going better then expected.

However, although a good reminder, I'd rather forget about me digging through the trash the first time I tried to quit :rolleyes:

dumpster-dive-015.jpg

Reactions: muttly and Ragman

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was surprised today to learn it's been over a year now since I stopped Vaping
The time sure did pass quickly along with the once frequent thoughts of vaping. I was reminded of it the other day while watching a show and someone was vaping. I had a really hard time remembering what my vape unit even looked like. Especially funny, since it was practical physically attached to my hand for years

How far things have changed from when I was digging through the trash to find the parts of my discarded vaping unit the 1st time I tried to quit, to not even remembering what it looked like

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Congratulations! Yours is a classic habit-change story. By changing your behavior, you literally rewired the circuits in your brain, such that the circuits that fired before and produced cravings don't fire now. By not using the circuits over time, those neural pathways faded. While the old circuits never go away, new stronger circuits are firing in their place.

Reactions: RoadTime