tax info

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
jrgibbs1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

where can one find the tax info for OO and contractor filings

Hi jrgibbs1,

I do not know exactly what you are looking for. Estimated Tax forms?, 1099Misc ? for your drivers if you have any, Contracts?, regular tax forms?

I am not sure exactly what you would like. you are not giving me any idea as to what filings that you are looking for.

Please be more specific

thank you

Frank

Franklin Katz, ATP, PA, PB
Franks Tax & Business Service
120 York Rd
Kings Mountain, NC 28086
(704) 739-4039
Fax: (704) 739-3934

Circular 230 Disclaimer - Any tax advice in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of (1) avoiding tax related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (2) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or tax-related matters addressed herein.

jrgibbs1

Seasoned Expediter
well, just what is required for the trucking and contractor buisiness, so as to not get in trouble with the IRS

Last edited:

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Re: tax info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well, just what is required for the trucking and contractor buisiness, so as to not get in trouble with the IRS

Last edited by jrgibbs1; 09-18-2008 at 04:22 PM.

jrgibbs,

there are different filings for the different entities Sole propreitor, Partnership, "S" Corp and "C" Corp. each one has different requirments.

Sole Propreitor, Form 1040, Sch A for personal Itemized deduction, Sch C for business expenses and anyother forms necessary, attached to there regular individual tax return.

Partnership, form 1065, is a information return where 2 or more people are partners in a business, and the loss or profit is given to the Individual Taxpayer on a Form K-1, inturn this is either added or subtracted on there Personal 1040 Return

"S" and "C" Corporations, Forms 1120S. or 1120, These forms are for use with Corporations, must pay saleries, or withdraw a salary each week, or any other way, Pay Federal withholding income, Social Security,Medicare, and unemployment Taxes
pay quarterly taxes, and corporation Federal tax returns are due by March 15th of each year. A month earlier than the average Individual 1040 or 1065

Inreference to the forms for each type of return, they have a number of other forms depending on the individual, partnership, or Corporate Information that is needed to complete each type of return.

If there are any other questions that I can answer for you please do not hesitate to ask/

I am sorry for the 2 week delay in getting back to you on this, but I have been very busy with the number of extension that I had to work on. and since my regular e-mail account was discontinued by ATT on the 18th due to cancelling my home phone and DSL account.
those e-mail accounts were attached to that service.

NEW E-MAIL: [email protected]

Thank you,

Franklin Katz, ATP,PA, CPB
Frank’s Tax and Business Service
120 York Rd
Kings Mountain, NC 28086-3151
(704) 739-4039
Fax: (704) 739-3934

Circular 230 Ruling: Compliance

This email (including any attachments) contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION protected by federal and/or state law and is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity(is) designated as recipient(s). The information contained within this email should not be construed as tax advice. If you are not an intended recipient of the email, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of this email is strictly prohibited. Disclosure to anyone other than the intended recipient does not constitute a waiver of any applicable privilege. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify us by phone at (704) 739-4039 or by email at [email protected] and then permanently delete the original and any copy of this email (including any attachments) and destroy any printout thereof.