tag/pusher

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Right before taking delivery of my truck the issue of front axle weight came up. Since then this is what I have found thanks to Doc Rushing, When I took delivery I went right to the scales front end came in 9380 quarter tank of fuel.

The other night took ten pallets weight of them was 7,000 evenly loaded front to back. Decided since I had full tanks I better get it scaled, front end weight 9380. The teeter taughter method Doc tought me worked all of the weight was even, thus my balancing act worked. Shipper wanted to put more on the nose double stack but I told him he would have to do that at the rear not the front. He decided not to, even though I was willing to put more on the rear. I even had the load bars to handle it.

So looks like that tag/pusher is on hold, measuring tape Docs common sense worked better than I ever thought it would. Not a pro yet but many of you have great advice.

Thanks Doc

Glen Rice

Veteran Expediter
Sounds great and now you know you could have double stacked nose also. Education is priceless. If I had any clue I would have needed all that stuff the teachers tried to ram down my throat, I would have payed more attention!

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Even with my front axle just a hair over 11k with the truck empty and 3/4 fuel, if loaded up evenly on my 24 foot box the front axle won't go over 12k even with 10k lbs on. I have legally scaled up to 11k on it. For smaller volume loads I try to keep the weight towards the back, to keep as much stress off the steer as possible.
-Weave-

DocRushing

Expert Expediter
Broomer:
Merry Christmas (belatedly) to you and Teresa.
We're glad you made it safely back home for the holiday.
Blessings and best wishes -- for 2005 too,
Doc and Marda.