Tacoma/Seattle Expediting Opportunities??

west

Expert Expediter
I am intested in any information on what opportunities may exist in the Tacoma/Seattle area. I would also appreciate opinions as to if a straight truck would be the best to consider and what the licensing requirements are to drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

newthead

Expert Expediter
Hi West,
So far as can tell, you would best serve yourself by driving a D unit. I live in Portland. Most expediting is done east of the Mississippi but a lot of freight also comes west. You just have to be willing to be out several weeks at a time. I personally think the expediting market will increase greatly here on the "left" coast. It really is just a matter of time. Anyway, hope this helps!

Drive safe,
Sean

newthead

Expert Expediter
Oh, by-the-way you would need a class B CDL to drive a D unit. Also, FedEx Custom Critical, Con-Way Now and Dynamex are better for west-coast expediters (mostly because of their size). Maybe someone else who is actually an expediter from this end of the US could offer some info as well.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
If memory serves me right I think there is a company called Sunny Express or Expedite that did advertise on this site.I think they are a California company that runs up and down the west coast.