SW Florida and Expediting

Bornfree

Expert Expediter
I relocated from NW PA to SW FL,Cape Coral,10 minutes from Ft.Myers.How's the freight around this area and will I be able to find work in expediting living down here?
Thanks guys/gals.:)
"Are you talking to me?"

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Well I don!t want to be the bearer of bad news but there is not much expediting within Florida.I live in the NorthEast part of Florida and do very little within the state.Florida has a lot of LTL companies that promise and usually deliver the next day within the state. You can always try the air freight oufits,what type of vehicle are you planning on running and will you run a team operation??

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
I don't want to be the bearer of more bad news, but the facts are thatnot many o/o's are going to want to hire a driver that has to be home every week. It may be something that would be more tolerated if you were located in one of the busier frieght lanes, of which florida is not. If you owned your own truck, you could go home whenever you wanted but to go to florida every week you would be doing alot of deadheading. DD

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
You may not want to here this, but you should find another profession if you’re going live there and want to play on your terms.