Suggested route

rtpann

Seasoned Expediter
I am new to the expedited services. I currently started working for a well known company but found that after 2weeks at the job I had only gotten 3000 miles in. Yes there was alot of Truck stop sitting and at .25cpm I can't afford this. Could you advise me on where I might look or what you might do in this situation. The money is not so much the issue, you can make .54cpm but if you only roll 2 miles see what I mean. I am only new to driving I have been in and around the buisness for about 20 years. Is there anyone out there that is telling the truth about the miles I can run. I have tried to make myself diverse in that I have my hazmat, and I am appling for the fast card and twic card. What next? Please help!!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am new to the expedited services. I currently started working for a well known company but found that after 2weeks at the job I had only gotten 3000 miles in. Yes there was alot of Truck stop sitting and at .25cpm I can't afford this. Could you advise me on where I might look or what you might do in this situation. The money is not so much the issue, you can make .54cpm but if you only roll 2 miles see what I mean. I am only new to driving I have been in and around the buisness for about 20 years. Is there anyone out there that is telling the truth about the miles I can run. I have tried to make myself diverse in that I have my hazmat, and I am appling for the fast card and twic card. What next? Please help!!

Well RT I don't know what you were expecting?

The learning curve always takes a twist thru the wallet...

What kind of unit do you drive? and are you a solo ?

rtpann

Seasoned Expediter
I drive a 20' straight truck right now and I was teaming. I am currently looking for a team partner. I am not aware of any expeditures that hire solo. The company i am currently with allows you to look for your own freight while you are waiting to be dispatched which is what I like about them but my last partner refused to do it.