Spreadsheet / Cost / Break Even Point

EddieMunster

Expert Expediter
Does anyone have or know where I can find a spreadsheet (perferably in Excel) that lists all of the associated costs to operate a vehicle? I'm trying to understand what my cost will be so I can determine a break even point.

Thanks in advance...

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I have one. As a former sofwaare instructor I had the skills to develop it myself. But to hear some tell it, I ought not share it because I lack truck driving experience. I guess they should send you theirs.

larrybadger

Expert Expediter
>Does anyone have or know where I can find a spreadsheet
>(perferably in Excel) that lists all of the associated costs
>to operate a vehicle? I'm trying to understand what my cost
>will be so I can determine a break even point.

David,

The following address will take you to the cost per mile spreadsheet on the web site of The Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association.

http://www.ooida.com/trucking_tools/CPM/cost_per_mile.htm

From that site you must click to open or save an Excel spreadsheet in Excel 2000 or Excel 97 format. Hope this helps a bit. It comes with numbers already entered into it, so you'll have to enter in your own numbers.

Larry Badger

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
EddieMunster;
Send me your email address, I developed an Excel spreadsheet a few years back while working for a truckload refer carrier. It has more expense tracking than what is needed for the typical "expedite" owner operator, but will do a great job for you. I also wrote instructions on it's use in a Word file.

Thanks,
John Mueller, CDS
"HotFr8Recruiter":)

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
John,

If your file is not proprietary - please share and we can have members download the file. Thanks!!!

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Education is the best defense against the media.

The Lord's Prayer is 66 words, the Gettysburg Address is 286 words, there are 1,322 words in the Declaration of Independence, but government regulations on the sale of cabbage total 26,911 words.

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]
http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

-----------------------------------------

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
A better question might be what is the break even point? Everyones maybe diffeent but get an average then the spread sheets will be much more beneficial. Question I did not ask but figured I had and I was pretty close, then the second question should be to your carrier average weekly $ and $ amount for a person like yourself and how you plan to run and stick to it. Are you going to be picky or take everything that is given to you with in reason.

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
http://www.partners-in-business.com/

This manual from Overdrive and Volvo is now online. You can use the info in the worksheets to make your own spreadsheets to analyze your current performance or make a business pro forma spreadsheet to help you to get truck financing. This manual is mainly for new or want-to-be owner operators and covers just about every financial aspect of truck ownership.
-Weave-