Solo Opportunities with Fleet Owners?

k9searchdude

Seasoned Expediter
:confused:Greetings! I am currently a solo driver for a Fleet Owner and the truck is signed on with a major carrier and I am not happy with some things that are going on with the Fleet Owner. Are there other Fleet Owners out there who hire on solo drivers? If so where can you find them? Most of what I have read and seen on fleet owners are looking for teams. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!!

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
K9SearchDude;

Welcome to the EO Forums.

There are Expedite companies that do utilize solo drivers. Not every Expedite company uses teams only. Call the companies listed on the EO home page and inquire.

Thanks,
HotFr8Recruiter

catchthecat

Seasoned Expediter
k-9searchdude-I was a solo driver for a fleet owner and may be again soon.The first thing I can tell you is try to find a fleet owner that owns a large fleet of trucks(I would say 5 or more)because I believe that lessens the chances to be micro-managed.That may be one reason you are unhappy with your owner.But if you are going to drive solo you have to expect a few things-First off,you are more than likely to be driving an older truck.Newer trucks will likely go to teams because teams generate more revenue than solo drivers.You must also be willing to stay on the road for 2-3 weeks at a time.If you want to be home every weekend,you probably will not make very much money.You also have to get used to long layovers and a lot of deadhead miles-that is just the nature of this business.Good luck to you.