Shreaders Hungry!

SHARP327

Veteran Expediter
Frank

It's that time of year again and I would like to say thanks for all of your help! and I'm sure that goes for everyone else out there that's received your help as well.

We've grown a pretty large mound of old log books and receipts over the past 6 years and we're wondering just how long do we have to wait until we can start feeding our shreader some of this mess!

Thanks Frank

Take Care!

Paul56

Seasoned Expediter
Frank

It's that time of year again and I would like to say thanks for all of your help! and I'm sure that goes for everyone else out there that's received your help as well.

We've grown a pretty large mound of old log books and receipts over the past 6 years and we're wondering just how long do we have to wait until we can start feeding our shreader some of this mess!

Thanks Frank

Take Care!

The taxman in Canada says 7 years. I don't know the rules in the States.

We have our own rules which states that we keep everything forever. Cardboard banker archival boxes filled to the brim and appropriately labeled don't cause us any grief but may save some down the road.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Frank

Thanks Frank

Take Care!

Forget it, Butch. You're doomed to keep everything till your dying day, if I were you, I'd look into a public storage unit!!:p:p:p

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
The normal length of time that you would have to keep sole Propreitor self employed records is 7 years here also, You do not have to keep any personal receipts except for you 1098's mortgage interest paid, savings, and bank statments and checks. there are a few other items for personal that you would have to keep, but these are only for 3 years. So anything concerning your personal taxes can be destroyed prior to 2004. EXCEPT YOUR TAX RETURN WHICH WE SUGGEST FOREVER, AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THEM.

fRANK

Circular 230 Disclaimer – Any tax advice in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of (1) avoiding tax related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (2) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or tax-related matters addressed herein.