SAVE YOUR MONEY!

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I saw an article on Expediting, in a magazine about a month or so ago, that a couple purchased to get information. The atrical touched on some of the basic info, but kept repeating that company recruiters will teach you all the ropes, and had a list of numbers to call. That couple told me they bought that mag just for that. I gave them the EO site URL, and went on my way. As I drove away, I thought about that couple and how misleading that title was.

Not long after that, maybe two weeks, a friend of a big truck driver, I know, ask to meet with me to give him some feed back and ask me some question. He bought a book that is supposed to educate readers about expediting. When we met, I took a look at the book. It was another informational book. This too hit on the basics. To me it was better than the article. Again I gave him the EO site URL, gave him some input and away he went.

I do want to say to all you ladies and gentlemen that are out there thinking about getting into this profession to be careful about the type of literature you are buying. To me the article was a prop for some recruiters, and the book wasn't much better. There has been more info said by mistake on this site than was in that book. If you need any information there are many - many - many people, good people on this site that will give you any and all the information that you need, and it is FREE. Here you will get the right info. The good along with the bad. You will here about the discounted cheep freight, and all the sitting, waiting on loads, or being passed over to others. You will also here about the 1000 mile trips, and how the company helped drivers out when he needed help, or got a driver home, just because. If you throw a question out there, it will be answered. If you don't want to post a question, there is a private message link for every member. That will be private only to you and the person you are sending it to.

FYI:
I have been thinking about some new year resolutions and I just may write and informational/educational article or two on expediting. The what to do, how to do, and why to do, along with the don't do. I may be able to get some of the other million mile drivers to help. Okay 500000 miles!!!! I do vans, so I will definitely need help with straight trucks and semis. What I will get out of it is a good learning experience about the things that I don't know. I may evan be able to get EO to post it, and it will be FREE for all.

HELP????????????????????????????????????
Can I get any help??? I'll need input from all you other drivers. The help that I get will decide if I will do it or not. For me to do it alone will take to long. The reserch I would have to do would require time, and I do have to work.

GroundHawk

Expert Expediter
Tony I will be glad to help.I know some of the drivers will not like some of the things I will say,but it will be the true and will help them get down the road and make money. Hawk