Ricky Carmichael signs NASCAR deal.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The "Angry Elf" has signed a 3 year deal to go fast and turn left. He will be with Ginn Racing along with Mark Martin, Sterling Marlin, and Joe Nemechek. Can he achieve the dominance he has in motocross? I doubt it. In motocross, the rider is the bigger part of the bike/rider equation. In NASCAR, the car is the bigger part of car/driver. That makes it harder for a driver to dominate. Can he develop into a top level, winning driver? No doubt in my mind.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
There's a lot more to it than the car . The pit crew is very important . Lose a second or two on a couple of pit stops and it'll cost you the race . If it's so much the car why is the Petty team making a better showing with Bobby Labonte driving ? I agree the car is more of a factor than it once was . The days are over of a driver having a car set up to his driving style . Now the car is set up for maximum speed and best handling and the driver is told to adjust to the car .

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good point about the pit crew. I did'nt mean that a driver can get by without talent, it's just a different equation. According to the rumor mill, the talent Ricky is showing in adapting to the car may be in question. Before signing with Ginn, he tested with Ray Evernham and Joe Gibbs. They were'nt impressed and passed on him. Bobby Ginn has very deep pockets to support his operation and wanted a "name" that would generate some publicity and that gave Ricky an edge.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Thats gotta be about the biggest news in NASCAR this year. What a boring year its been, almost every race I have seen has been a pillow warmer.

Feel free to dissagree.

panthervanman

Seasoned Expediter
I don't like nascar but I came into about 10... 1/24 nascar die cast cars(freind owed me money)anyway if intersted e-mail me thks bye Panthervanman:7 :7 :7 ;-)