Re: Mac 19 revisited

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am still waiting to see what numbers of loads can be attributed to the new Mac 19.

Friday July 10th is a prime example of it working...unloading in Jonesboro Ark. I could see trucks in W.Memphis and St Loey. Thinking of our customers around a 100 mile radius I stayed put...It paid off I was able to service a customer in Poplar Bluff...under the old system of being blind I would have prolly went to W.Memphis and the load would have been too far for any of us to reach in the time given and load planning would have had to pass the load off...hence no money for the company and no money for me...1 more load in the count...

I've heard some say.." the more we give you guys the more you want" Is that so bad? Are you not benefiting from this? Is the Company not benefiting from this? Are we VP's not benefitting from this? Any info you can give us to help spread the fleet around more effectively is well worth the effort...wouldn't you say?

Considering the enviroment..we all are doing a great job and all without NLM....Just think of when things turn around and it gets kickin out here again...:)

We are doing our best to "Rise to the Challenge" Just give us the info we need!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well Ken, What more info do you need?

I really don't know.....Load count per zip code is pretty much very up and down with no consistency, unreliable...

Flattop may have an idea...but he is on vacation...

we need out LL code rewrite to per minute of dwell time....so we don't get 3 #1's any more...

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I really don't know.....Load count per zip code is pretty much very up and down with no consistency, unreliable...

we need out LL code rewrite to per minute of dwell time....so we don't get 3 #1's any more...

So, you don't really need more info? You finally happy?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I knew I would think of something....

What is the reasoning of cutting off our 19 function while on a load?

Even you Eddie would like to be able to do that...?

flattop40

Expert Expediter

I have purposly stayed away from this subject but since you asked :p

the new 19 is an improvement with out a dought. However, there could still be some improvements. I used to advocate for load counts but after lots of thought I can see why they don't want us to have it. Everyone would be flocking to the high areas and leaving the low areas hi and dry.

What is still needed is yes the ability underload would be good but most importantly are 2 things. 1) combine statis of both CV and SPR. Unless the SPRs don't take CV loads anymore. If I am the only CV and there are 4 SPR's I still have no clue what out I am and visa versa 2) exact location of every non loaded and final destination of underload trucks. OVM your searches of West Memphis must have produced some hits. But were they to the north south east or west? There may have been noone there and all to the east for instance. You could then move between there and say little rock and covered both areas.

To me that would help both you and the company, but thats just me.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Flattop...I delivered in Jonesboro Ark....did w memphis...2 vans there already i'd be 3rd....none in Matthews....none in Little Rock nor Poplar Bluffs...I was alone in that area....thats why I stayed right there....which worked since I got the Poplar Bluffs load....closet truck....they could have been east or south of w memphis..no sense moving toward the herd...that left me covering west of and north of....just as good the way it turned out...

Last edited: