Rate the areas

DooWop

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Curious about expedited load offers in various cities. Could you rate the areas good, fair, poor of the following? Would sure appreciate hearing from some of you veteran expediters on this forum.(1)Pittsburgh (G F P) (2)Cleveland (G F P) (3) Toledo (G F P) (4)Columbus,OH. (G F P) (5)Buffalo (G F P) (6)Rochester,NY (G F P) (7)Indianapolis (G F P) Thanks for your time.

DooWop

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Your question would be a good polling question. why not set it up as a poll and EO will do the rest. They will track all the votes or aswers by the number of people taking part. I would also like to know of the better lanes. Just a suggestion!

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I would rate the cities in question as follows:
Pittsburg F
Cleveland G
Toledo P too much competition
Columbus G
Buffalo F
Rochester P
Indy G
NY State is a very difficult state for a manufacturing company due to taxes and a very liberal product liability law. Erie county (Buffalo) has the highest property tax rate in the nation.NY state personal income tax is about 8%,many companies have relocated out of NY because of having to support that black hole known as NYC.I don!t mean that as a racist comment,just money flows into NYC and never comes out.I lived near Utica for a while and when I left,much more $ stayed in my checking account..I do not layover in NY,too expensive.

kg

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
Hey DooWop,
Express center worth will vary in the "eye of the beholder" , but many factors enter in, not the least of which is the outfit that you expedite for. Things like places to hang out, road configuration, direction of frieght travel ,and just plain dumb luck in an area are some things among many others that make a great express center.
Personally I would not rate any you listed as great in these times, I tend to favor the east coast.
However I would rate them as follows; Pittsburg F Cleve. G Toledo P
Columbus G Buffalo F Roch. P Indy G

Happy expediting! KG

test

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
(1)Pittsburgh (G F P) F
(2)Cleveland (G F P) G
(3) Toledo (G F P) F
(4)Columbus,OH. (G F P) G
(5)Buffalo (G F P) P
(6)Rochester (G F P) P
(7)Indianapolis (G F P) G

Lawrence
Expediters Online.com

louixo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I don´t think there is a fair way to rate anyplace. The reason is, if the company you work for or are leased to has the account, then they get the frieght. For example, I used to go in and out of the Ford plant in Kansas City, from all over Canada, and Detroit and got backhauls most times, when I was working for one company. When they lost the account, I sometimes got to Kansas city but had to deadhead in stages back towards Detroit to find a load. I would go to Springfield, if nothing, on to St. Louis, then to Illinois or Indiana. Naturally when that happened I turned down the KC loads. When I drove big rig, the company had the Steelcase account...great backhauls from alot of places, and I was able to fill in slow periods, running Steelcase. When that account was lost by the company, our entire backhaul picture changed again. I think it´s always been and will stay that way. Trucking is extremely competetive. Hit and miss.