Random Tests

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I was called for a random drug test the other day and on my way home started thinking about how these athletes get away with little minor slaps on their hands when they test positive but our lives and carreers would be ruined.
Any of us that drive commercially would be terminated and be unable to get another position. I have a cousin who works at a nuclear power plant,he gets tested frequently and if he tested positive he would be let go. My wife has a cousin who is a locomotive engineer for the CSX Railroad and he also get random tests with the same penalties that we have.
But Mr Jimmy Smith a Pro Bowl wide receiver for the Jacksonville Jaguars tested positive 3 times,then gets a 4 game suspension. Lots of Baseball players also flunk,do a 2 week stint in rehab and are back earing millions.
If the 4 major sports activities wanted to send a message to the youth of America who look up to these guys ,it would be one positive test and you are gone,no more millions to fund your life style.

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
The deference between the to Rich, is those players have the money to fight the owners or the league. We god forbid don’t have that kind of money and therefore they can fire us and get away with it. I’m a driver were to challenge the system and say he or she had a miss-hap, or a drug problem, that company would more or less have to go along with it. Do you or I have the money it would take to fight it? NO