Question For You...

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I was just wondering if you all have any New Year's Resolutions this year. Post them. It might just help you to keep them all year long!:D :D

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

-----------------------------------------
On the keyboard of life, always keep
one finger on the escape key.
http://www.expeditersonline.com/fastcomputer.gif
-----------------------------------------

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
My biggest one is to stop procrastinating, I'm terrible with that!!

I meant to procrastinate but I never got around to it!!!!!!!!!!!
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Tinman

Expert Expediter
TINMAN

I resolve NOT to lose sight if my goal to enter expediting this year.
Just terminated with Eagle in KC; their lack of management skills has given me a small financial hole to rise out of (not unlike several stories you experienced expediters shared in the archives!) -but that was a battle stripe I didn't need. I am signed on with a true courier service, with what seems to be an honest and driver-concerned staff. The owners sold his preveious business to Dynamex and has begun an even better organization. BUT, no long road work...
No sour grapes here, though. It was proper to end with EGL at the end of the year: just chalk up the experience, accepet my losses, and just be thankful that I live in such a country where I can find another start so quickly!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone!!

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Tinman, what a good attitude!! It's nice to see someone who has the maturity to pick themselves up and move on. Many CHOOSE to wallow in the negative things that have happened to them or those who did it to them and they never really move on from that point. Hubby says FIDO, forget it and drive on, glad to see you have that concept, it will help you go far!! DD

A blind person who sees is better than a seeing person who is blind.

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Very good question LM!!! But you neglected to post what your resolution is.

I did make several! The most important one and # one is to loose some unwanted pounds and to get back in good physical shape. Driving long hours and weeks at a time I tend to not eat right or get the proper exercise I need. When I am physically healthy I always feel mentally healthy.

I think the second resolution on my list chronologically is to focus more on the administrative elements of my company and leave the driving to the others guys.

Third but not last, is to be a more compassionate, loving, husband and partner.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
and I resolve to teach myself how to quilt! I've absconded with half the office and got rid of one computer to set up the trusted sewing machine and the iron! Figure during the slow spell I'll use my time more constructively. Now I'm just wondering how to combine hitting the long trips with OVM, quilting, and who knows..maybe I'll just write another poem one of these days!

Good luck with the new company Tinman..sure hope it isn't with that fellow that uses such profanity! He's like chalk on a blackboard to the ears!:+

louixo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
To take more time off and go see some of the many placesI´ve been near, and didn´t have the time to check out. Also to try and see at least one world spectacle, or wonder, each year, or do something that I´ve always read about. Like.. The Running of the Bulls, in Pamplona,Spain, The Kentucky Derby, Indy 500, Carnival in Rio, Oktoberfest in Munich, Cannes Film Festival, World´s Fair, The Great Wall of China, The California Redwoods, A space launch from Florida, Disneyland in Paris, Hike part of the Appalachian Trail, A cattle Statiion in the Australian Outback...and on and on. As well as possibly revisit some of the places I have seen, do some of the things I have done and enjoyed, but haven´t been back to in many years. I think this will be part of my resolution package for some time to come. My honey wife of 22 years ( co-driver and sidekick too) echoes these resolutions as well.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
okokokok..just a little follow up! Wow is this fun! Got my first quilting project started..the top is done and am just waiting on a special foot for my sewing maching to do the actual quilting..Ken's getting tired of telling me how pretty it is! *LOL*:7

Today IS the first day of the rest of your life! Live it well!