Precious Commodity

ddivine

Expert Expediter
Hello everyone am new to expedite biz, and have a few questions.

My background
I own operate an "E" unit, have done so for approx 10yr, have hauled electronics for van lines, hauled all variations of van freight dry, reefer, haz-mat, etc!!, flatbed everything, cars, grain and or farm products. Have a degree in applied science. Have never been unemployed, if I wanted a job I've had a job.

1. How is this that much different from standard trucking all freight is HOT???
2. Why are rates to truck not that much higher when u consider all the DH miles"i'm currently running appox 55% mtdh unpaid", and time spent just waitin for someone to call"am required to be in service 60% of time to maintane active contract, but company is using only approx 14% of that avil time"??
3. Seems that alot of expediters "ICs" are brand new to trucking, how can this be the best of the best, it seems i am competing with a lot of people who don't seem to relize realworld biz of trucking let alone cost of operation "questions on load positioning in or on truck" this is not only ICs but also dispatchers that don't understand the term axle'ing a truck or that u can drop $100.00 bucks on tolls in matter of hours in or around NY and New England.

4. So why am I expected to accept and or enjoy wasting so much of the most precious commodity any of us have my TIME, while everyone else collects a check on friday derived from the time I spend on road.

5. How do u move more freight

With a room full of 200 dispatchers and a couple of trucks still willing to put up with crap.

Or with a few really good dispatchers paid on percentage of what is accomplished this week and a bunch of really happy drivers workin with people that understand trucking,all working hard for customers.

OK I'm done bring on the flames I'm a big boy I can take it.

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I will answer all 5 of your questions, which sound more like complaints, with one easy answer. If you do not like it, apply your applied science elsewhere and go back to XXX van lines, or Freddies Grain Hauling, Joe's Car Transport, or wherever else you were at where the grass was so green. After all, you should be smart enough to know that and not ask here, right? The answers to your questions are in your own questions.
-Weave-