pen pals needed

gump

Expert Expediter
Hey every one has made some mistakes in life,,,I have been asked by a few such people if I can spread the word of a few people looking for pen pals esp. in the trucking industry.

A few that will be away a while and really could use some some contact with the outside world,i hope some one can give this a chance.They can recieve photos(no polaroid type)and letters and cards only.

So if your really interested in making some ones day with out judging them...please drop them a line.
Lori Webb #266506
M1 204
Leath Correctional Instit.
2809 Airport Rd
Greenwood SC 29649

Cynthia Gathers #273092
Leath Correctional Instit.
2809 Airport Rd
Greenwood Sc 29649

thanks guys
Gump

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Sorry, Gump. Not interested. Prison guards I know tell about inmates that get pen-pal things going with people. Male inmates will write to women to get something going with them. Each woman thinks she's the only one. She'd not. Inmates convince pen-pals to send them money and gifts. They pass the pen-pal's personal info to friends on the outside for identity theft. They copy their text from form letters that are passed around inside. The form letters are written by professional con artists. Not a good idea to write to strangers in prison.

gump

Expert Expediter
good point,i was just trying to do a favor for a friend....thanks for the info...ill watch my identity and make sure im not stolen.got to watch them profits ive mad lately.
i just use a po box number and they advise you cant send them gifts or money anyway so just photos,again thanks for the info,,everyone use your own discreetion...
Gump:(

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
If I were you Mr Gump I would be very careful. If you have ever read the book "The Brethern" by John Grisham it tells a lot about what can happen to people who communicate with prisoners. Homosexual men thought they were comunicating with a poor 19 year old boy,and it turned out that they were then blackmailed and had money extorted by 3 ex Federal Judges running a prison scam.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
He sure is a great author.I have read all of his books including the latest one "The King of Torts". When you run for FDX CC you have plenty of time to read.LOL