Parler Shut Down. Truth Social Next?

ATeam

Retired Expediter
"Parler, the self-described 'uncancelable free-speech social platform' that catered to right-wing users — which was nearly acquired by Kanye West last year — has been shut down by its new owner.

“'No reasonable person believes that a Twitter clone just for conservatives is a viable business any more,' Arlington, Va.-based digital media company Starboard said in announcing Friday that it had acquired Parler."
(Source)

Media company says, "No reasonable person believes that a Twitter clone just for conservatives is a viable business any more." That is obviously true for Parler. Will it prove true for Truth Social too?

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I’m not aware that Parler prevented The Left from joining their site. What affected Parler was that they were removed from the app stores and Twitter was bought by Elon Musk. He revamped the site and fired a lot of Leftists who were censoring conservatives as well as news unfavorable to Biden. Musk fixing Twitter, for the most part, prevented a mass exodus from the site to other platforms more friendly to conservatives like Parler. Truth Socia may be affected by that as well. The SEC dragging their feet on their “investigation” of Truth Social is also preventing a financial merger and that doesn’t help. The Biden Administration will do anything they can to stymie Trump and not allowing his platform to flourish is one of them.
There is also more sites like Gettr, Gab, and Truth Social saturating the market with competition. It’s helpful to have a particular niche that sets a site apart. I don’t post on Gettr, but I use their platform to watch or listen to livestreams. They do a good job with providing easy access to that. That’s their niche, imo.

It will be interesting to see what Parler becomes. Since Musk took over Twitter, some Leftists want to leave the site. Allowing conservatives not to be censored and silenced is a bridge too far for them. They may want to start a Leftist “Twitter” echo chamber site.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Parler shut down because someone bought it......starboard.
They shut it down because well it was built by trump.
The company that bought Parler and shut it down stated very clearly why they shut it down. It was not because Parler was built by Trump. And I'm not sure Parler was built by Trump. Where did you get that idea?

• Haha
Reactions: danthewolf00

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Right.....what ever.
You don't think they shut it down because trump built it.....the left has done alot to shut down any voice on the right....even doctor's who gave out correct information on covid-19....

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Right.....what ever.
You don't think they shut it down because trump built it.....the left has done alot to shut down any voice on the right....even doctor's who gave out correct information on covid-19....
Do you know anything about the company that bought Parler? I believe it is widely seen as a right-wing company or at least a company that provides various services to entities seen as right-wing.

The explanation given is noteworthy: “'No reasonable person believes that a Twitter clone just for conservatives is a viable business any more,' Arlington, Va.-based digital media company Starboard said in announcing Friday that it had acquired Parler."

• Haha
Reactions: danthewolf00