Parking problems... partial solution

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The following came from OOIDA. It may not solve our problems but it should help. For your review:

Last night, Congressman Paul Tonko (D-NY) introduced HR 2156, "Jason's Law." Jason's Law is a bill that will provide grant money to increase security and expand parking areas for trucks across the country.

Jason's Law would create a six-year pilot program that would make $120 million available in the form of grants ($20 million per year) for local governments and private companies to address the shortage of parking for commercial vehicles.

As a trucker, you know all too well about the shortage of safe truck parking areas across the U.S. So, please take a few minutes to call your House member to ask for his or her support.

If you are represented by Congressman Tonko or one of the original co-sponsors (Reps Michael Arcuri -NY; Betsy Markey - OH; Thomas Perriello - VA; Harry Teague - NM; John Hall - NY; Jerrold Nadler - NY; Mark Schauer - MI; or Dina Titus - NV), please thank them for their leadership in addressing this very important trucking issue.

To contact your Representative in the House, call the U.S. Capitol switchboard at (202) 224-3121 and provide the operator with your home zip code. The operator will connect you with the office of your House member.

You are also welcome to call OOIDA at (800) 444-5791. Association staff will be happy to provide you contact information for your elected official.

----------------------------------------------
HOUSE - SAMPLE MESSAGE:

"I am from ___________ and I strongly support "Jason's Law". To do my job as a trucker, I need safe, secure parking so I can get adequate rest and comply with hours-of-service regulations. As my elected representative, I ask that the Congressman/Congresswoman commit to cosponsoring HR2156. "

----------------------------------------------

Remember, taking a few minutes out of your day to make a few phone calls to your elected representatives can make a major difference in how those individuals understand and view issues affecting you and your livelihood.

If you have questions, please do not hesitate to call the Association at 1-800-444-5791.

TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE OUR VOICES HEARD.
TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE CAPITOL HILL TAKE NOTICE.
TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE LIFE BETTER FOR TRUCKERS THROUGHOUT AMERICA.