pantherII

rollor

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I am looking for info on panther. Good and bad. I live in NH, 100 miles north of concord. THANKS

pellgrn

Expert Expediter
i drive a van and its not an ideal area for vans,however you are not as limited so you may do well,if you are a team your in a real good situation.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Tractors always have more opportunities then the smaller units - so that will be a benefit for you. You can haul an A, B, C, D and E load.

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

-----------------------------------------

Everybody is someone else's weirdo.

-----------------------------------------

Irishjim

Expert Expediter
Lawrence,
A while back Jeff had an acticle or post describing the different units, sizes and capacities. I've searched but can't find it. I think it might be of interest to the Newbie crowd. Thanks, Jim

Irishjim

eagle417

Expert Expediter
In answer to your question, I can only explain what happened to my wife and I. We drive a straight truck. We were told up front I would be good if your had $2000.00 in your pocket for fuel and road expenses (food etc). Well most people looking for work don't have an extra $2000.00just lying around. So we sold what we could and came up with around $1,000.00. We drew clear $600.00 in 8-9wks. Things to be sure you understand completely are:
1. You do not draw any money for 15 days (they hold you behind)
2. All draws come out of the first check you should draw
(which means you won't get a check and you will be in the hole) 3.When you calculate what you should make in a week minus the cash draws for fuel and road expenses, also qualcom and other misc. deductions, plus dedusctions for what you were in the hole the week before there will once again be no check.
4. They have dispatchers and other employees of the company that also own trucks leased on withPanther II (so if you are sitting for three days waiting on a load how do you know the dispatchers haven't loaded a truck that they own or is owned by a friend before you).
5. Then they begin to question every draw you make-so finally you feel like you can't get an advance for fuel to run a run

My advice to you would be find a company that does not hold your money for 15 days before they pay you. And that you understand all the rules and regulations before you start.Companies like TriState and Fedex do not do this.
I'm sure there are others out there. Just shop around :) Good luck and drive safe.;-)

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I'm sure LM will send you the path to that article or post.
but here they are:

A unit = a car, station wagon, or a caravan
B unit = a cargo van of 3/4 ton or 1 ton
C unit = a cutaway with a small box (12 or 14 foot) on the back and dock high.
D unit = a straight truck with a box on the back 22, 24 or 26 foot, to carry 26000 to 33000 lbs.
E unit = a tractor with or with out the trailer.

This should give you some idea as to what each is it may not be exact but I would say it’s close.