Owners and their vans

VanMan

Expert Expediter
I have talked with numerous cargo van owners over the past 2 months.Everyone of them promise to have a bed installed in their van,a week before orientation,they call me up and decide to sell,or place someone else in the van promised to me,and stick me with a van,with no bed,so I can sleep on the floor, or a stupid cot!!Now I'm thinking,when I get out there,and start driving will I get paid,have a problem out there,will I be able to contact the owner,and get the problem resolved? How much does this owner really care,for his or her driver? I'm thinking the owner really cares about is how he or she gets treated,and how many loads they get from their company!!This burns me up! Signed, PST x(

frank60302

Expert Expediter
my 10 cents worth...

what you mention on your post is somewhat human nature. if it does not direct affect thim , he will be slow to respond. for some time i was a driver for a o/o with several trucks. yes if it did not affect him or his bottom line, he was slow to respond. but in the other hand, these experence will give you a better idea in what to have and to avoid in purching your unit.

franks