Owner/operator sprinter jobs

itsbutters

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I’m new as they get still actually looking for my sprinter van, but my question is owner /operator sprinter van jobs that are OTR are they not what they say they are?

Mer78

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
LoL solo no way in hell would you ever make $8000. Best I ever did was $3800 and that was with over 5000 miles across the usa in a week.
Your looking at $500 to $3000 depending on location and how good your company is.
You definitely could even make up the $10,000 a week and a sprinter van even in a cargo van you just have to work with the right brokers and your goal should be to work with direct shippers don't limit yourself you're a business owner not a driver

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
In a van/Sprinter you're looking at making $1500 a week, $500 going for fuel, $500 going for insurance and maintenance and $500 paying the driver. Some weeks you won't even do that. Some weeks you'll double that. There will be fewer weeks double than those making less. Calculate your business plan on numbers like that. If you can make it then you have a chance. If you're one of the fortunate ones who regularly exceed your numbers you're ahead.

Last edited:
Reactions: danthewolf00

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
You definitely could even make up the $10,000 a week and a sprinter van even in a cargo van you just have to work with the right brokers and your goal should be to work with direct shippers don't limit yourself you're a business owner not a driver
$10,000 I don't know what your smoking but no not a chance in hell would anyone make that much a week in a van.
To make $4,000 a week your running so hard you will have to give yourself a break just to let your body rest....

Reactions: boonsdad