orientation

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
OK, what things should I especially watch for and watch out for during orientation? I already got hold of a manual and am going through it making notes of things I want to clarify but would appreciate any and all input as well. Thanks.

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Leo, you have such a HUGE advantage with all your experience. The main thing is to take a legal pad for taking notes. No matter how much you think you know about a company there is always a lot to learn. Hearing it AND writing it down will help you remember later. As you know, you'll be brain dead when you leave orientation. Enjoy the time and try to get to meet a lot of the folks who are in the home office. You will be talking with them on the phone in the future and it helps to have a face to put with the voice.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I picked up a spiral notebook at office max to use for my notes. I've got everything ready to go as far as I know. I'll be taking along a highlighter for the operator handbook, pens and pencil, and a calculator for just in case. I'm also reading through the manual to be better prepared for orientation.