Opps, bought a truck, then started asking current

merkurfan

Expert Expediter
The owner of the company I am signed with is getting rid of their company owned trucks, most are worn out and they want to go O/O. So I thought, great! a chance to drive my own truck and make a little extra money right? Wrong. He offered %5 more than I make in his trucks (I pay fuel/toll) So here I sit. I have a clean MVR going back 5 years, no criminal history in the past 10 (2 minior items before that)valid MN class B CDL with hazmat. I have 5 years in the delivery business 4 of them are for a local courier company. I drove over 100,000 miles with them with out a accident. Willing to drive most anywhere. Alright, that is what I offer as a driver. This is what I bought, it was alright for him, but might not be alright for your company.

The truck I bought is a 1994 Mack with a 22 foot van body and 3 foot sleeper, it is a single axle with a GVW of 26000, it is at the Mack dealer right now because I am pretty sure it was a 33,000GVW that was down graded for non-cdl use if possiable I will get it back to 33,000, it has air brakes and is setup for hazmat. The box was replaced in 1998 with a new box and shows little to no wear, the rest of the truck is also in great condition. Total miles on the truck are under 400,000.

I also have a 1996 E350 extended hightop and someone willing to drive it if a cargo van interests you at all.

X1_SRH

Expert Expediter
RE: Opps, bought a truck, then started asking curr

Merkurfan, I would go through the yellow pages and try to find the contact numbers for any local air freight or courier companies in your area. Some smaller companies may also list themselves as a "cartage" or "transit" company in the directory. This truck is not really prime for National coverage, but I can see where it would be a great fit for a local or regional oriented outfit. Keep digging and something will turn up. Best wishes - X

merkurfan

Expert Expediter
RE: Opps, bought a truck, then started asking curr

why is it not "prime" for national coverage? the size of the sleeper? I've been living in a international 4900 with a 3 foot sleeper for about 6 months now. So I realize it can be a bit coozy, but it works ;)

I have made some progress with the current company as well. Demand for his services has surpased the number of trucks so he is more willing to listen. I plan on running the mack until I can buy a newer truck to mount at least the box on, I will probably shop for a larger sleeper at that time.