Odometer in GM's

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
3 drivers for us all this year hit the million kilometre mark and all are GM's with the digital odemeter and none of them will turn over after hitting 999,999? Now they have to keep track of mileage manually. GM wants about 300 bucks for a new one plus installation. Is there a way around this?

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Set it to US-miles??? if this can't be done I would try calling GM corp, and see what they have to say.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Tony..can not be set to U.S miles.

Just talked to one driver who did contact GM in Oshawa..Admittingly a design fault. But no admission of guilt, hence no reimbursement.

I guess some young puppy thinking no one would go that far! They should have more faith in thier product. Guess they haven't heard about expediting?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
BINGO!!! My favourite shopping place, duh why i didn;t think of there is beyond me. Thanks Tony:)

Oh yeah Tony...Question...I ran a dedicated trip on Friday as the reg. guy was broke down it ran about 1300km's or 812 miles it goes 5 days a week and two to 5 drops, what would you charge ?

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
The company you work for is no doubt going to want to pay you what the regular driver gets for doing it 5 days a week. That by no means is fair to you. WHY??? For many reasons. To many to write. One of which is, "not getting the benefit of getting guaranteed mile each week like he is. Remember if you, or another driver didn't do the trip for the guy it wouldn't have gotten done. Your company should pay you as if was a regular booked trip. If you talk to the operations manager at Dynamex Now (DN) he should agree with me and pay you accordingly. This is a hit they have to eat, for that guy breaking down. I know here in Pgh DN would do it, so why wouldn't they do it up there? Don't talk about it with the puppet dispatchers go to the OM and talk to him.

As for the numbers I sent you an email discussing them. Just remember, I am I, and they are they! My overhead is far less than DN's.

Twmaster

Expert Expediter
I work at DN in Baltimore. They pay the same whether you are the regular driver or not here.

--
Mike N

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
reading the contract....A dedicated run gets 65%...of what I don't know YET!!
I think the way you do Tony..the trip was dispatched as a regular trip I was not told that it was a dedicated run and not informed of the rate nor given an opportunity to refuse.
As things go here they will scr## me over as always.

I got your e-mail tony Thanks!!! I am eagerly waiting to see what they pay on this one!!!!!