'Nuther GPS question.

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
When you have pulled into the rest stop north of BFE and you have no idea where you are, does your GPS give you an exact location should you need it? Such as in an emergency?

Thanks. :+ :+

raceman

Veteran Expediter
My GPS gives me a location exactly where I am sitting. Well i can clearly see me on the map and it is very accurate. Simply walk in and ask for the street address if for some reason you need something like that but it shows exactly where you are. Most of the time I just look around if the address is something I need. It tells you street and city and state and shows you on whatever street you are on.

Example: If I am sitting somwhere and I need to go to XYZ street in Northern Ohio, I just type in my destitanation and it gives me written directions from where I am to where I am going and I can watch myself go there on my computer screen in real time.

Raceman
Owner Two Straight Truck.
Part time driver of one of my trucks and local TT.
2 years OTR Expediting
1 yr local Expediting
Line Haul TT 2mon.
OTR Straight Truck Plt to Plt off and on 5 years.
Based in Cincy Ohio
Currently at Express-1
Father of 4 children
Grandfather of 1 boy
3 years without full use of my mind

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
Thanks Raceman, but maybe I wasn't clear. If I came across an accident, or I was in an accident or other emergency, how do I know exactly where I am?

Thanks. :+ :+

rode2rouen

Expert Expediter
CoPilot Truck has a Lat/Lon button on the screen. Click on the button and it gives the co-ordinates within it's resolution capability (3 meters IIRC).

Also, by running the cursor over the area adjacent to the route, it will show the actual address.

Rex

raceman

Veteran Expediter
Yep! Exactly what he said. Exactly. I love it. I found an ATM with mine the other day. If I would have gotten out of my truck and walked around a little I would have seen it, but the system found it as well.

Raceman
Owner Two Straight Truck.
Part time driver of one of my trucks and local TT.
2 years OTR Expediting
1 yr local Expediting
Line Haul TT 2mon.
OTR Straight Truck Plt to Plt off and on 5 years.
Based in Cincy Ohio
Father of 4 children
Grandfather of 1 boy
3 years without full use of my mind