Newbie needing advice

PreacherRich

Seasoned Expediter
Hello All,

My first post here, my name is Rich from Traverse City, MI.

Just purchased a cargo van (2010 Ford E350 extended)and am excited about expediting. I have talked with many different companies and think I have narrowed it down to 5 or 6 with good pay rates and allow drivers to work with multiple carriers.

Because I am new and don't want to be taken for a ride does anyone have a carrier that they would recommend staying away from? Slow pay, no pay, over demanding...

got my insurance quote for $1,000,000 in liability and $50,000 for cargo. Any recommendations?

I think I am going to pay the $300 and gt my MC #, though I dont need it to run for others. Thought it would open up other opportunities for me. Any thoughts?

Well, plan on heading into expediting next week and could use any advice from all you experienced vets.

Rock On!
Rich

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Because I am new and don't want to be taken for a ride does anyone have a carrier that they would recommend staying away from? Slow pay, no pay, over demanding...

Welcome to our world.

All carriers have their warts, so to speak. But, I would stay away from All Types.

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
I have talked with many different companies and think I have narrowed it down to 5 or 6 with good pay rates and allow drivers to work with multiple carriers.

I think I am going to pay the $300 and gt my MC #, though I dont need it to run for others. Thought it would open up other opportunities for me. Any thoughts?

Rock On!
Rich

Welcome to EO,

I would enter those 5-6 names in the search feature here on the red menu bar near the top of the page and read up on what people here have said about them in the past.

Secondly, I wouldn't get your MC# unless you actually have a plan to use it. It will also depend on your carrier agreements likely.

its funny that you say Rock on, my main dispatcher always says that when letting me go after giving me a load.

PreacherRich

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks for the reply's

I just don't want to "steppin in it" when others already have and I can learn from their mistakes. Searching these carriers here has been helpful.

I will probably wait on on the MC#. I was also told tonight that I don't need cargo insurance and will be under the carriers insurance for that. Is that the case with all carriers?

Thanks again I am sure I will have a million more questions as I go & grow