new

backwoodsman

Expert Expediter
ok this is a newbie qustion or more then one i should say i have been intrested in expediting for awhile i have worked the same place for 18 years and been geting burned out on it i do not have a cdl but i have drove alot of big trucks through the farm i work for not far but still i never have had a problem driving them , about 3 years ago a friend of mine that is a truck driver told me about expeditors and it has stayed in the back of my head since then i guess my qustion is are there any companys that would help with traning and head me in the right diricition of geting into the bussiness any feedback would help thanks

abcwine

Expert Expediter
Backwoodsman,
I don't know of any expediting companies that would actually train you from start to finish. However most companies do have an orientation you would attend and would supply you with plenty of information. Also, by talking to a recruiter and asking questions, you should be able to get started in the right direction as far as getting your cdl and figuring out what type of vehicle you want to get into. Usually, there are people in this industry that can help you get over the hump.

Good Luck,

Abc