new O/O company starting...I need help

beautifulmess1

Expert Expediter
Hi, I just got here and I need some help...at this time I would say that I am as green as green can get in this business. I will be the private secretary/dispatcher for the O/O and wanted to learn some pros and cons of the business, what I need to know, what to watch for, what to ask broker companies, etc. I will be responsible for arranging the next load the owner is picking up. Does anyone work for different broker companies? Which ones are the best do you think? How can I stay current on all of the laws and regulations affecting the trucking industry and the truck drivers? Is there a website that I should keep a constant watch on. I heard that there is something changing as of November 1, 2003, but haven't found out what is going on can someone tell me?

Hell or Heaven on Earth the choice is up to you.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Good Morning, you may find a lot of what you're looking for on the OOIDA web site, lots of info and lots of links, also I'm sure some of our members will have suggestions for you so by all means STAY TUNED!

MILITARY MOM AND PROUD OF IT

witchita

Expert Expediter
Definetly the best advise! OOIDA can give you all the info and contacts you need. They have a great load board and even give credit ratings on who's posting the load.Several other sections and an 800# for any questions. If someone doesn't pay...they'll go get 'em for you or at least assist. Best bet here is to join (about $45.00 a year) but worth every penny. Your boss would probably like the fact that you can save him about $50 to $1oo on ins.premiums (in some cases)etc. For what you are looking for this would be your best bet. www.ooida.com Good Luck...

Keep it between the lines and take care of each other.