Need to Know about CTX???

barbara

Expert Expediter
Thinking about changeing Co. Does anyone out there have trucks on with CTX ? If so what can you tell us about them?? Leased on with
Panther II and really hate to change, but got a second truck in Jan.
of this year and have been going down hill since! Can't find drivers
and when we do they don't last more than 3mo. This second truck has been a nightmare! Hope someone can help! Thx. Poor Tk owner :'( :'( :'(

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hi Barbara,

I have been with them since 98, as driver and owner, of which I am now, I know your gonna get a lot of negitive script about them, which you will get about all the companies, they are all the same no matter where you go, you will sit, deadhead, and etc, short runs, long runs, but the main thing is to be in the prime areas for pick ups, so that you can get that run. I know there is basically no start up cost out of pocket to run, except for escrow but not sure what it is now to sign on. I know my van is running about 3-4 loads a week, it should be running 4-5 but the way the economy is I will take the 3-4 and run like a bandit. and make sure he's in a position to get that next load, deaheading on my own to get it within reason.
He doesnt say if no load by Noon Friday, I am going home no matter where he is. He will wait until at least 5pm on Fridays before calling in an saying hes heading home unless he starts and calls in about once a hours letting them know where he is, He has already started to head home and they called him for a load on his way. for instance, He was in Upstate NY and going to head home, they called him for a load to Arizona that had tobe delivered before the 4th of July. they deadheaded him to MI, from Selkirk NY for this load, the only problem is getting out of the west or mid west for all companies.
The only thing I can say is try it, if you dont like it leave,
Frank Katz

Hanky

Expert Expediter
Barbara,

Don't know about CTX but I am looking for a driver's job.

Where are you located and what type of equipment?

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Making the switch isn't going to get you another driver for your other truck. Maybe if you take some time and go back into the archives and do some reading you will see that most of the posts on this site are negative and not a very good place to get that type of info, just as Frank stated in his post to you. Most of the drivers will say bad things about thier company as part of a ploy to get more runs for themselves; If you know what I mean. With the economy the way it is, most people will try to do things on thier own as you did and buy a truck or van, or work for someone eles for two or three months and think they have this whole expediting thing down pat, then go out and buy thier own truck. The end result is alway, or should I say in most cases the same thing, and it's not good. The best advice I can give to you is; Get rid of the second truck, before you end up losing them both, or Find a driver that wants to be an owner and make a deal with him/her to buy the second truck from you. Have a contract drawn up like a lease to own, get a down payment of say $2000 and so much a month, or have that driver do the payment thing. The quicker you get rid of the headache the better off you will be. As Forest Ghump's ma-ma once told him; lifes like a box of chocolate, you never know what your going to get. GOOD LUCK