money

lighting

Expert Expediter
if your working for a company and quit is there a time limit for that company to pay you .i left a company turned in all permits,satelite, every thing i was suppose to. thats been 3 wks i call they tell me there working on it

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hi Lighting,
If I'm not mistaken, by law they must pay you within fifteen (15) days from the day you did the trip or turned in the paper work. One to know for sure would be Frank the Tax guy. He had a post back some time about that very same thing. I would send the info to the Attorney General, and they will contact the company that owes you the money, to get thier side of the story, and you'll have your money the next day. You could also call the BBB, to help you. Better yet call the companies that you did the trips to and from and tell them you didn't get paid for that trip and you want your money from them. you may not get it from them, but you'll open up a big can of worms that won't be easy to close. Your best and quickest would be the AG. Good Luck.
If I find the post I'll copy it.

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Lighting here is that post from Frank. Again good luck.

Doe.Mouse
Sorry I havent gotten back to you in a shorter time since you posted the message but it took a little research to find the law.

here it is on the US Gov Web site

its under the CODE OF FEDERAL REGULATIONS
TITLE 49, VOLUME 4 PARTS 200-300 REVISED AS OF OCT 1, 2000
FROM THE GOVERNMENT PRINTING OFFICE VIA GPO ACCESS
CITE: 49CFR377 SUBPART B, SOURCE 50fr 2290, JANUARY 16 1985., UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED. REDESIGNATED AT 61 FR 54709 OCT 21, 1996

UNDER PAGE 816
B) WHEN A CREDIT PERIOD BEGINS. THE CREDIT PERIOD SHALL BEGIN ON THE DAY FOLLOWING PRESENTATION OF THE FREIGHT BILLS.
c) LENGTH OF CREDIT PERIOD, UNLESS A DIFFERENT CREDIT PERIOD HAS BE ESTABLISHED BY TARIFF PUBLICATION PURSUANT TO PARAGRAPH D OF THIS SECTION., THE CREDIT PERIOD IS 15DAYS. IT INCLUDES SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS AND LEGAL HOLIDAYS.
d) CARRIERS MAY ESTABLISH DIFFERENT CREDIT PERIODS IN TARIFF RULES. CARRIERS MAY PUBLISH TARIFF RULES ESTABLISHING CREDTI PERIODS DIFFERENT FROM THOSE IN PARAGRAPH (C) OF THIS SECTION. SUCH CREDIT PERIODS SHALL BE NOT LONGER THAN 30 CALENDAR DAYS.

iF YOU WANT TO READ THE REST OF THE PUBLICATION GOTO THE US GOV WEB SITE, GPO SUB SITE AND SEARCH FOR 49 CFR 377

HOPE YOU FIND THIS INTERESTING

FRANK