Making a change

richobe

Expert Expediter
Hello, My name is Rich and I,m a retired firefighter living in Conway SC. I moved here about eight years ago from Phila. Pa. While here I've driven for a few companies, delivering propane, chlorine, oil, and assorted frieght. I worked for Fedex for three years, but it was part time. The others were seasonal. Now I work for Marriott in loss prevention. The job is ok, but I miss driving. I have a class B with Haz-mat, air brakes and combos. I looked into getting my class A, but the school here isn't having classes due to low enrollment. What do you think? Am starting this to late in life? I do have some money that I could invest, but not knowing the business that well, I'd hate to get in over my head. Also there's health insurance. I've always been under a company's plan, is it available for this type of position, without going broke to pay for it? I'll stop here, I've got a millon questions, but I'm sure your already tired of my rant. I would just like to thank you for any information you can give me, it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again and be safe.

Last edited: