Make a living w/ a "B" unit?

G

Maybe we did not ask the question so clearly last time, so here it is again: "Is anyone making a living in a "B" unit with FedEx, TriState, Panther...etc...?"

Also, are "B"'s configured and dispatched as a team?

We are sub-contracting a FedEx "D" right now and considering purchasing a "B".

Thanks.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I drove a B for FedEx for a while, before owner decided to sell....never grossed over aprox 1000 to the van per week....some might do better, don;t know. I was inexperienced with B unit, formerly drove D unit.

Camic

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Make a living w/ a B unit? Used to make good money, NOT anymore! I've been doing this over 10 years and have never seen it as bad as it has been in the past 18 months.

T.L. Morrison.co

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>Maybe we did not ask the
>question so clearly last time,
>so here it is again:
> "Is anyone making a
>living in a "B" unit
>with FedEx, TriState, Panther...etc...?"
>
>Also, are "B"'s configured and dispatched
>as a team?
>
>We are sub-contracting a FedEx "D"
>right now and considering purchasing
>a "B".
>
>Thanks.
We have been with Pronto for a monthand havent made a dime!

Trucker Matt

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Bob and Gerri,
I spoke with a "B" team at a FedEx contractor workshop back in April. They were clean, intelligent and articulate (unlike myself)unfortunatly I don't remember much about the conversation. They seemed happy with their situation and mentioned that they stayed in motels a lot.

DriverLLC

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
vans account for roughly 40% of the expediting industry, i dont even own my own unit as of yet am continually bring in 1200/week as an independent contractor, so yes there is a living with a b unit.

rtwrider

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Driver LLC I want to know where you are making 1200 a week with a van?????? And do they need another one?????

I have been very disappointed since I purchased my van several months ago. Before I was an owner I was assured that these companies needed to sign on vans. NOW they will not even talk to you unless you have a bigger truck! It's the pits.