Looking to get started, keep getting stonewalled

jcprov21

New Recruit
Researching
So I’m in the process of moving to east Texas and I really would like to drive a straight truck OTR. I’m a single guy, and have 3 plus years of verifiable class B and some short bursts of Class A experience. I’ve never been OTR except for like 2 weeks many years ago. I’ve been running dump trucks locally in the PNW along with driving school bus. My record is clean. I would really enjoy working for a smaller fleet owner as a company driver, I don’t mind teaming up with someone.

But here’s the thing, I keep getting declined by companies, I feel like I’ve applied for all of them now. So what’s the secret sauce to get a company driver job? What companies are really interested in hiring drivers and getting them going?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't know of any true expedite companies that have company drivers. It's all owner-operators or fleet owners with drivers working for them. Good luck.

Reactions: Mr. Loyalty.

jcprov21

New Recruit
Researching
I guess that’s what I’m looking for is a fleet owner, they all want pre made teams which is a challenge when I don’t have anyone to team with.