Looking for info on expedited trucking

Bubba01

Expert Expediter
Hi guys i'm finding it real hard to find any info on expediting. I was looking to purchase a truck and get into this feild but the more i look the less people will tell me. My biggest concern is if there's enough money in this feild to get into it. And of course no one will let me know even a ball park figure. I understand that it depends on if you run team or solo, i'll be running solo. And if your willing to run or not. How do i find out exact answers on my questions? And who in your opinions can i make the most money with when leasing on?

X1_SRH

Expert Expediter
Hey Bubba - this site is by far the best source for information when looking into expediting as a career. Almost every major carrier is represented by drivers as well as company folks. Check out all the sponsors of the site, and make a list of numbers and just start calling. Contrary to popular belief, most recruiters in expediting will shoot straight with you - we are in this for mutual success.

A lot of factors are involved in determining what kind of revenue can be made in this business beyond just the obvious "single or team" question. How often do you need to be home? Where do you live? How long can you stay on the road at one time? How much patience do you have?

Your questions can be best answered by talking one on one with a recruiter, and by posting your questions in the "Newbies" or "General" forums on this site. Welcome to our world of expediting, and I hope this helps point you in the right direction.

Best Wishes - Scott

"My Old Ride"

http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/images/scott_han_sig_file.jpg

Questions About Express-1?
Call me 1-800-800-5161

-----------------------------------------

Bubba01

Expert Expediter
Thanks for taking time to answer me,

I live near Chicago and was looking to get home around every other week. Do you think I'll be able to make enough to raise my family on?

X1_SRH

Expert Expediter
Bubba, That is going to require some personal information that I don't recommend posting in any forum. Your best bet is to call and speak to the different recruiters from each company. Any of us would be glad to help you out and give you some one on one question and answer time. Each case is different - Expediting may not be for everyone, but you'll never know until you talk to the pro's - both drivers AND recruiters. That's what EO is all about. - Scott

"My Old Ride"

http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/images/scott_han_sig_file.jpg

Questions About Express-1?
Call me 1-800-800-5161

-----------------------------------------