looking for info about panther II

drat

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
hi, i am just seeking some personal experience information about panther II from straight truck o/o's running as solos or teams. thanks. just so you have an idea of what type of info i am looking for:
how is the dispatch
how often and timely are pay checks
do they honor their pay per mile on all loads
and any add'l info would help

skooch

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have been working for the kitty company for just over two
years now. I team with my wife in a t/t we have of late started
going broke. Damn truck is trying to die and freight is slow
What I can tell you is Panther is an honest company as to pay
about dispatch is another story. Remember they are in it only
for the money, the revolving door works well. They do pay the
rate they quote, however if the load is rated for a smaller unit
they offer it at that rate,your option take it or leave it! I
think the real problem at Panther is bean counting to many doing it, all cheifs no indians. They are as good or as bad a you can
tolerate.They won't cheat you though. If you are available and
next you'll run.

drat

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
thanks for the info. are you just not getting enough miles lately or are there too many loads that pay at the lower rates for you as a big truck. i was thinking about going in to panther with a straight truck.

houndog

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
panther II's weakest link probably is dispatch. However, they have been addressing this in the past few months. Your bigger concern should be "how are you going to compete with Carl Hadley's fleet of 12-14 straight trucks? By the way, Carl is the corporate director of Panther II. He and another Panther employee (john Slider) have created another corporation within the Panther corporate structure. So no matter how slow things become, when push comes to shove, Carl's trucks will somehow be dispatched first!!! Sounds a bit like a conflict of interest doesn't it? Lawyer's would be disbarred if they practiced this way.

franke

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
LOL!!!
Just look at nearly any truckstop and see how many "Kitties" are sitting there waiting on a load.

That speaks for itself, and it sez volumes when there are five (5) units sitting there for five days; all without a load...!

As to their having a "fleet with a fleet". I'd be keeping a REAL CLOSE EYE on that situation. It occurs to me that stands in contradiction to their recruiting advertisment that states "No Company Trucks-100% O'O Company".

I've seen this happen before, and it NEVER had a good outcome!

Beware..