looking for answers

G

I'M LOOKING TO GET INTO EXPEDITING.I'V BEEN DRIVING A TRUCK FOR ABOUT 12 YEARS NOW.WHAT IS THE BEST COMPANY TO WORK FOR?I'M LOOKING TO EITHER DRIVE FOR A O/O OR GET MY OWN VAN.WHAT TYPE OF MONEY CAN I EXPECT TO MAKE PER WEEK?I HAVE BEEN TOLD I CAN MAKE $2,000-$2,500 AWEEK.IS THIS A REAL $ AMOUNT OR ARE PEOPLE JUST SAYING THAT TO GET ME TO SIGN UP?I HAVE BEEN SENT A LOT OF INFO FROM DIFF. COMPANYS.SOME OF IT I LIKE ,SOME OF IT IS JUST HARD TO UNDERSTAND.I WANT TO KNOW THE FOLLOWING;O/O;WHAT IS ALL INVOLVED IN BEING A O/O,COST?GAS PER WEEK,VAN PAYMENT,PER MILE,ANY EQP I HAVE TO RENT IE;QUALCOM,DECALS ON VAN,IE;COMPANY NAME,WHAT TYPE OF INSUREANCE,ETC...I HAVE TALKED TO A FEW PEOPLE ON THE PHONE BUT THEY SEEM TO BE RUSHING WHEN I ASK QUESTIONS.DRIVER DRIVING FOR A O/O;WHO PAYS FOR WHAT?I HAVE BEEN TOLD SEVERAL DIFF. THINGS.ANY HELP I CAN GET I'LL TAKE.THANKS,EARL TASSA

Twmaster

Expert Expediter
Well Earl, you are in a pretty good place to find answers. The best thing to do is to search through the archives on these here forums and do a bit of reading. I found it to be a big help as almost all of your questions have been asked many times over.

Hope that helps.

--
Mike N

G

thank's

thank's for reading&responing.i'm going to read as much as i can

vernon946

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
RE: thank's

Yes, that's the best approach, Beachbum. That way you can learn alot about us here and finetune your questions at the same time.
It may help in further questions if you include the area you live in and the type unit you are asking about. Expediting covers the full range from pickup trucks (a few anyway) to tractor trailers.
Your instincts seem good. If the folks on the phone don't want to give you a little time for a decent answer, you're better off asking here.

Vernon