Just curious...foolish or no?

indycolts

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
I can't be the only one. Assuming some of the lifers have had a Sprinter that lasted this long... but at what point were most problems incurred and at what cost?

Attachments

• 20230526_110217.jpg
    20230526_110217.jpg
    873.7 KB · Views: 2

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I got out of vanning when my Sprinter reached almost 800k miles. Nothing major, other than a few water pumps and tensioners, an EGR valve and an injector. Still original engine and transmission. Haven't driven it in about 2 years, it all rusted out, but once in a while I hook up a battery to it and start it up. Fires up in a couple of seconds and purrs just as it did when it was new.

Keep on driving it until something major let's go.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Reactions: indycolts

indycolts

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Nice, I did let it go though. Up until 488k miles nothing that was too much. That was when breakdown in Nashville happened, followed closely by Beaumont, TX and Jacksonville, FL. Since March of 22 though nothing serious other than dealership recommendations. Picked up new 23 Mercedes yesterday. Would have loved to see how far the trade in would have gone, but at what expense?

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
I got close to 400k on the transmission....short time later the rear end gave out.
Always keep the weight limit in mind because it wears out your engine and transmission faster.

Reactions: indycolts

indycolts

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah, did 3,000 lbs. a couple times to figure out I wasn't happy with the way it felt while driving it with that weight.