Job

Marine

Expert Expediter
Can anyone point me in the rite direction. I am getting out of the Corp this December 2 days after christmas and am looking for work. I have a CDL A. What I am looking for is a cargo van job, I can work as much as they will let me. So if any of you can point me in the rite direction or give some advice that would be great.

Semper FI
Marine

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
Marine,

First thank you for the service to our country. I would check on in the classified section of expeditersonline. There are lots of folks who use it to find drivers.

I would also look for tractor trailer jobs since you have the A license. Might be something to fall back on.

Marine

Expert Expediter
Thanks for the info, I will have a look, and see what is out there. I have to be honest when I say that I am looking to work for about eight months. Then I am going to take off to Australia to be with the wife and finish up college. But in those eight or nine months I will work as long as they will let me being the wife is not going to be with me as she will be down under working on her Phd. So I will keep looking and see what comes up.

Thanks for your time mate
Marine

Twistoff

Expert Expediter
Get in touch with the recruiter from Landstar Express America. He can get you in contact with a few owners that are looking for experienced drivers(as long as you have 6 months OTR experience within the last 3 yrs). Landstar Express America has quite a few owner/operators & even Corporate people that have served in the US Military.