Is there any companies that do reefer expedite?

El_turco12

New Recruit
I live in Canada,I've been interesting doing some reefer DZ trucks expediting crossing the U.S, what I've been doing my research and reefer DZ owner operators makes more than the dry van. I live here in Toronto Ontario, Is there any small carrier that does reefer unit for expediting?

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
The only expediting companies that come to mind that have reefer equipped vehicles is Fed Ex, and maybe Landstar. Honestly, I really don't think the rarity of temperature controlled expedite freight warrants the extra cost of owning, maintaining, purchasing a reefer spec'd cargo box not to mention the lower fuel mileage of the truck because of the extra weight of the reefer, box, etc..

Maybe I'm wrong...maybe not.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Reefer trucks are a very niche part of the expedit business and a pita to keep in compliance for temperature certification.

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Reefer trucks are a very niche part of the expedit business and a pita to keep in compliance for temperature certification.
Keeping that in mind, is it worth going through all of that, to haul how many little amount of reefer, temperature controlled loads? Is the ROI justifiable versus the extra costs in doing so?