Is It Good Time To Start?

sergen

New Recruit
Driver
Hello All,

I'm researching about expediting for a while but having trouble to find answers. I need some help.
  • Is it good time to start? How's the pay and market?
  • Should I buy or lease a van?
  • If I need to lease it what company should I look?
  • If I need to buy a van which one is the best for this job?

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
3 skid and a bed unless you like sleeping in the drivers seat.....
Buy a single rear wheel van.
Go for a used box van and remember to keep the door tag to under 10,000 lbs do to dot regulations because over that amount means you have to log and go through weight stations.
And do not ever over load your van because the ticket will be by the pound over the door tag.
Door tag 10,000
Your weight
Your gear weight
Your van weight
Go to a truck stop with the van and get it weighted with you and your gear and a full tank of fuel.....then subtract that from the door tag weight and that is your loaded weight that you can haul.

sergen

New Recruit
Driver
3 skid and a bed unless you like sleeping in the drivers seat.....
Buy a single rear wheel van.
Go for a used box van and remember to keep the door tag to under 10,000 lbs do to dot regulations because over that amount means you have to log and go through weight stations.
And do not ever over load your van because the ticket will be by the pound over the door tag.
Door tag 10,000
Your weight
Your gear weight
Your van weight
Go to a truck stop with the van and get it weighted with you and your gear and a full tank of fuel.....then subtract that from the door tag weight and that is your loaded weight that you can haul.
Thank you for critical information. What about the pay? How's the market?

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
You need to find out the cost per mile is on a van and to need at least a dollar a mile or better to stay afloat.