Is anyone moving?

tyoung

Expert Expediter
I'm into my 9th day of sitting now. Had one call in last 5 days! Started in Richmond, moved to Raleigh. Now trying Charlotte. Not one load out down here this week. Update... Just had offer with 500 miles DH. By the way I'm in a B unit.

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
I'm into my 9th day of sitting now. Had one call in last 5 days! Started in Richmond, moved to Raleigh. Now trying Charlotte. Not one load out down here this week. Update... Just had offer with 500 miles DH. By the way I'm in a B unit.
Solo?

JoeS

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Get yourself to the NE. Your not going to make any money in the south. I was sent 3 B rate offers today (one reefer and two surface) and I'm in a DR unit.
What does that tell you?

tyoung

Expert Expediter
Yeah I'm solo. And I live in the NE. Binghamton express center. For me being up there is about the worst place to be.

JoeS

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah I'm solo. And I live in the NE. Binghamton express center. For me being up there is about the worst place to be.

Yeah, that's a pretty rough express center, but at least you're home. You'll need to be further SE towards Trenton and the I95 corridor.

interstategar

Veteran Expediter

You must be a newbie. Never go south, further from home to layover. If you were in Richmond, you should have just stayed there or gone to Alexandria VA area. We have a steady shipper in the Fredricksburg VA area who ships 2 or 3 times a week, usually A loads going to near Wilkes Barre, PA. Also if you stay in Richmond you can cover any Norfolk VA loads if there are no B units there. Like the other guy said, stick to the I95 corridor. I've picked up transfers in Baltimore heading north to NY, Canada, and New England.

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
Yeah, that's a pretty rough express center, but at least you're home. You'll need to be further SE towards Trenton and the I95 corridor.

There's a steady customer in the Wilkes Barre area that ships to Fredricksburg VA usually 2 times a weeks. These 2 plants are always shipping supplies back and forth. Whatever one plant is out of, the other usually has. I get offered these loads and I'm over 150 mi from each plant. I usually pass on them unless I'm parked somewhat near them.

tyoung

Expert Expediter
No newbie here. Been almost 10 yrs. Well aware of those Simmons loads. And they were not running that week. Had no reason to head toward home. My home is where the van is parked. Also was wanting a load longer than 250 miles.

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
No newbie here. Been almost 10 yrs. Well aware of those Simmons loads. And they were not running that week. Had no reason to head toward home. My home is where the van is parked. Also was wanting a load longer than 250 miles.
You never ran the air freight that comes out of Dulles down to North Carolina? That moves at least 2 times a week. Try that the next time you go to Richmond, but park near Dulles airport. Plus we do transfers in Baltimore.