IRP

dpea9

Expert Expediter
I am going to be signing on with an expediting company so I will need an
IRP plate On the application it asks how many miles per state I will be driving. How do I know that if this is my first time? If I am way off on my miles is there a fine and penalty?
:+ :+
Dan

ITS NOT GUN CONTROL
ITS PEOPLE CONTROL

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Dan;

The first time you register for an IRP license plate account you will estimate miles. You can attempt to estimate those miles yourself, you can ask the carrier that you are leasing onto for a computer printout of the percentage of miles travelled in each state for their fleet, or you can use the estimated mileage chart from the state's IRP office (Ohio has a chart). If the carrier provides you a printout of percentage of miles by state then multiply each states percentage by 100,000. That would base evrything on you running 100,000 miles - which I would say is average.

If you still need assistance please pm me.

Thanks,

HotFr8Recruiter

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Texas also provides a chart giving estimates. I used that chart and the following year got audited. They just handed everything back afterward with a cya later so it's pretty accurate here.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
when you apply for your IRP plate,you will be given a sheet with all the states on it,you will check which states you will be driving in,most likely at least all lower 48,and probably canada,ontario and such. the states that you will be driving in have a minimum number of miles that you will use as your first time mileage,then the next year,when you renew your liscense,you can put actual miles in the blocks,and the states you werent in still put the estimate,but the next year you have to put the actual miles in all states.even if you dont run in a state,you will be charged the minimum mileage,if you have that state listed,and you dont put in a mileage
the company you lease to will keep up your mileage for your fuel taxes,but these miles are not always exact as you may not go the way their qualcom program routes you